I built a logo particle explosion class for a client. Unfortunately they decided not to take this route. It came out rather cool so I thought I’d share this with all of you. You can download the source code and use it anywhere you like. It would be cool if you would tell me where you used it tho.
Download MovieClipExploder source code
1. Download the zip file
2. Copy the ‘com’ folder in there to your project directory
3. Make a ‘particle’ sprite/MovieCilp in your .fla file and choose ‘Export for Actionscript’ when you make it as a MovieClip. Type: ‘particle’ in the ‘Class’ field. (you can use custom shapes if you want to).
4. Make the shape inside the particle movie clip as another movie clip and call it “gr”. No actionscript export necessary here. But you can now add effects to this asset. I added a little blur in the example.
5. Make sure your logo has an instance name and it’s on the stage. Then add the code:
import com.teemusk.ExplodeMovieClip; var logoexploder:ExplodeMovieClip = new ExplodeMovieClip(logo); addChild(logoexploder); logoexploder.startEmitter();
6. Publish your movie and watch those particles fly.
That’s it. Enjoy!Tags: actionscript, adobe, air, animation, as3, as3.0, class, code, explode, flash, logo, movieclip, open, particle, programmatic, share, source, transition